Re: ASCE 7-08

In a message dated 1/24/2008 10:15:29 AM Pacific Standard Time, Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com writes:
Jordan, I'm with you ALL the way!

The older I get the more cynical I become.  Is there ANY realistic connection between the "fine-tuning" (AKA nit-picking) and the actual results for the occupant/user?

Ralph

People have a false sense of security that a structure that meets code is safe, will not be damaged in an earthquake or will not leak.  Most problems that arise are contractor related not code related.

But ask anyone it is always the engineers fault...even if an engineer was not involved.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA