Re: Roof Gardens Live load

I'm working on a building with an "Inaccessible" garden roof.

There is one stair to the roof for a 100,000 sq. foot building. There are 3 other stairwells that do not go to the roof. The footprint is 30,000 sq. feet

A 100psf live load, blindly applied to this structure per your proposal would have major implications. What if the garden is only on certain portion, what do we do then?

My roof has a small 4 foot wide area of pavers for workers to access the irrigation lines. There is no way it could become a place of public assembly.

Why should I have to design for anything other than a 20 psf live load and the garden's self weight?

-gm