Re: Source for long drill bits in S.F. Bay Area ?

Ralph,

Contact your local HILTI representative.  They have all sorts of equipment that can drill this type of hole.  I had a similar situation where we used a HILTI rotary percussion drill mounted on a tripod and once it was set up it took only about 30 seconds to drill each hole.  This was a large metal frame building where we swear the anchor bolts were originally installed by a blind man on a pogo stick.

Thomas Hunt

Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
01/24/2008 06:22 PM
Please respond to seaint
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
cc
Subject
Source for long drill bits in S.F. Bay Area ?

I need a little help.

Does anyone know of a source for long drill bits in the San Francisco Bay Area?  I mean to drill holes in existing concrete for new anchor rods to be epoxy-grouted into for residential earthquake retrofits, say 1" to 1-1/4" diameter up to about 30" or 36" long?

TIA,

Ralph

(http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp00300000002548)