Slab On Grade STAAD Model

I am having some difficulty modeling a slab on grade using STAAD. The slab is 20 ft. x 12 ft. x 3-1/2” thick. I am putting a point load (uplift) at one corner. I would also like to put another load at the middle of the long edge. I don’t model in STAAD very often, so I’m pretty sure I’m doing something wrong. I’m using Plate Mat foundation compression only supports, but I keep getting tension on some of the supports. When I put two corner loads and the load at the middle of the long edge (twice the corner load), the whole thing blows up even though the slab weight is greater than the uplift force.

If anyone has the time and inclination to look at my model, I would be most appreciative. FWIW, I’m using STAAD 2004. That’s how seldom I do modeling anymore.

TIA,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS

Consulting Structural Engineers