RE: Slab On Grade STAAD Model

Bill,

I suggest using Staad for your application; model it through FE (finite element). To run the analysis Staad requires a sub grade modulus reaction (see below as an example in load input data). Caution with the units used you may need to convert as I just shown below.

SUPPORTS

*Subgrade modulus reaction is assumed 100pci (from geotech)

*for staad input (100pci*144in^2/ft^2*12in/ft)(kip/1000 lbs)=172.8

1 TO 2323 FIXED BUT KFX 172.8 KFY 172.8 KFZ 172.8

PC mat is a handy tool to use.

Good Luck!

Engr. Julius Micayas

P.E. license no.32969

Project Manager/Sr. Lead Structural Engineer

River Consulting LLC

111 Veterans Memorial Boulevard

               Suite 1600

Metairie, Louisiana 70005

Phone - 504-841-3014 (direct)

504 837-5275 (office)

Fax - 504-837-2986

E-mail: jmicayas(--nospam--at)riverconsulting.com