Aspect Ratio of Light Framed Shearwalls

In the 97 UBC, shearwall aspect ratio had to be 2:1 in zone 4 and
could be 3.5:1 in zone 3.

I know that in the IBC, all SDC's have a limit on the aspect ratio of
2:1, but with the exception that smaller walls can be used if a
reduction in capacity is used.

Can someone point me to the applicable code?  I'm digging through my
2006 IBC and ASCE 7-05, but can't find this.

Thanks,

Chris Slater, PE