Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
CMU Infills[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: CMU Infills
- From: "Alex C. Nacionales" <anacionales(--nospam--at)insightts.net>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 06:02:12 +0800
Dear Fellow Engineers,
My RC design teacher has taught us has to ignore the effect of CMU infills on a RC frame because they will be crushed during a seismic event. Recent seminars I attended shows that cmu infills interferes with frame action thus attracting more shear. Is there any code provision regarding on how to treat cmu infills in relation with RC frames or steel frames?
Your assistance will much appreciated. Thanks.
Alex C. Nacionales.
- Prev by Subject: RE: CMU Bond Beam at Control Joint
- Next by Subject: RE: CMU Infills
- Previous by thread: Re: Aspect Ratio of Light Framed Shearwalls
- Next by thread: RE: CMU Infills