Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: CMU Infills[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: CMU Infills
- From: "Nels Roselund" <njineer(--nospam--at)sbcglobal.net>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:56:01 -0800
Chapter A5 of the IEBC provides rules for evaluation of concrete frame buildings with masonry infills. This stuff is not for the easily discouraged.
South San Gabriel, CA
From: Scott Maxwell
I don't recall if there are actual code provisions, but there are certainly FEMA documents that discussion the issue of masonry infill walls in frames and how to retrofit or even design for them. If I recall correctly, the main thing to try to do is leave enough isolation room between the frame and the infill walls to allow the frame to deflect as "desired" without "engaging" the infill wall...OR design the frame for the types of forces that will be created due to "engaging" the infill walls.
- Prev by Subject: RE: CMU Infills
- Next by Subject: Re: CMU Infills
- Previous by thread: RE: CMU Infills
- Next by thread: Re: CMU Infills