Re: A Welding question

> From: "Ed Najjarine, SE" <en(--nospam--at)najjarinestructures.com>

> I have a situation where we specified an aluminum
> railing system consisting of welded members. The
> system is manufactured in china and shipped to the US
> for installation. what kinds of tests should we
> request to insure that foreign welding is appropriate.

I am inclined to respond by asking questions that go right back to your
obligations, the development of your specifications and the purchasing
contract, but that doesn't answer your questions.

Use the tests that you would use if this were fabricated domestically.

The supplier may balk at this but then we go back to your obligations, the
contract specifications and purchasing contract.

Others on this list may have specific insight into aluminum welding
standards.

Regards
Paul
--