From: Freeman C. Tang [mailto:ftang06(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 4:48 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: ASCE 7-05 Wind Forces

Tony,
To my understanding this minimum 10 psf requirement is applied as a separate load case in addition to the other normal load cases.  So you don't need to use 10 psf for these zones but to compare your load cases with this minimum 10 psf. load case to get the governing loads for your design.

Freeman Tang, SE.
Gouvis Engineering
Newport Beach, CA

ASLCSE(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:
It is my understanding that the minimum wind force used shall be 10 psf. Is that for the overall structure?
If Zones "B" & "C" (sloped roof ) in Table 6.4, page 38 show a value less 10 psf, do I have to use the 10 psf for these zones?

Thanks for the upcoming responses

Antonio S. "Tony" Luisoni
Consulting SE
Granada Hills, CA

Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.