Re: IEBC Seismic Forces

I would think that and EBF would a good candidate for inclusion since it would sorta be beside the purpose of an EBF to design it for Ordinary or Intermediate level of detailing. To me EBF=Special Detailing.

A light framed wall system (wood framed) has an R=6.5 in the current code. That's a big penalty. Sheathing is easy to strengthen, but hold-down forces might be tough to get to work if a building is sitting on a dinky 12" deep footing.

-gm