QsubE

I am somewhat puzzled here. Maybe I'm missing something but what exactly is QsubE?

The definition (ASCE 12.4.2.1) states QsubE is the "effects" of horizontal forces from V or Fp. Does that mean QsubE = V, V being the base shear, or is there something else taken into account that creates the"effects" from V?

Stephen Macie, P.E.