Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Substantial Clarification for Design of Wood Floors Supporting Ceramic Tile[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Substantial Clarification for Design of Wood Floors Supporting Ceramic Tile
- From: "Frank Woeste" <fwoeste(--nospam--at)vt.edu>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:04:37 -0500
In the past, many engineers/architects were faced with the
question--what are the appropriate design criteria for wood-floor framing
systems supporting ceramic tile? For over a decade, the primary reference documents
for the selection and installation of ceramic tile on wood joist floors (2006
TCA HANDBOOK for Ceramic Tile Installation) stated the following under
An article on the industry changes that clearly define deflection requirements for wood joist systems, including the role of all parties involved in wood constructions supporting ceramic tile, was published in the Building Safety Journal of the ICC (December 2007). The article is posted (with permission) at www.schluter.com/media/articles/Ceramic_Tile_on_Wood_Floors.pdf
Comments and discussion are welcome.
Frank Woeste, Ph.D., P.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: subgrade modulus
- Next by Subject: Re: Tekla Structures Training Centre at William Hare, Chennai, In
- Previous by thread: RE: DELETE THIS EMAIL TO YOUR MAILING LIST
- Next by thread: Re: LatPro Lateral analysis software