Re: Decoupling of anchor bolts

Harold

What if lateral load is 5k or less............and 10k or less ?

Joe Venuti

n a message dated 1/29/2008 7:40:49 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com writes:
For large lateral thrust loads, I provide a steel setting template with shear lugs welded to the bottom of the setting template.  The anchor bolt forces are resisted by bearing on the setting template.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

From: seaint04(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Decoupling of anchor bolts
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 08:47:43 -0600

Harold,

I have a late quick side question here.  If you do not put shear in anchor bolts, how do you specify and detail a connection for a pre-engineered metal building?   I’ve never seen a PEMB supplier install shear lugs.  Is there some other detail you would use in this application?

Thanks for your insight.

Rich