Stainless Steel Washers...

Here's one I've been working on, to no definitive solution.  I could use some help...

How do you specify for stainless steel washers?

Sure, there are plenty of listings for stainless steel washers available on-line, but I have yet to find one that ALSO lists the dimensional criteria used to manufacture the washers.  How do I know that I am getting a stainless steel washers with comparable strength to a structural washer controlled by ASTM F 436?

The best approach I've seen is specifying stainless steel plate material ASTM A 240 AISI types 304 or 316 - depending on your application, with the washer dimensions conforming to ANSI B18.22.1 Type A Plain.  This was taken from the Hilti Product Technical Manual.  Simpson and Powers have similar stuff, but not as detailed.

Any tips or ideas would be appreciated - besides using HDG products.  Let's say for the purposes of this question, we're limited to using stainless products.

Thanks in advance...

-Ben

Benjamin H. Maxwell, S.E.