RE: FEMA, ASCE, IBC2006

David,

Let me start with FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency). This will not apply in your area (Philippines) It’s only here in the USA.

IBC and ASCE codes go hand in hand. IBC refers to ASCE and vice versa. If you notice the wind load in IBC section it refers to ASCE. There’s no magic about it. All I can suggest is familiarize each code and whenever it says refer to ASCE then go ahead and read it. This will provide you a thorough understanding of how these codes related to each other.

Engr. Julius Micayas

P.E. license no.32969

Project Manager

River Consulting LLC

111 Veterans Memorial Boulevard

               Suite 1600

Metairie, Louisiana 70005

Phone - 504-841-3014 (direct)

504 837-5275 (office)

Fax - 504-837-2986

E-mail: jmicayas(--nospam--at)riverconsulting.com