From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:34 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Anyone Work (Now or Ever) For A Design-Build Firm? How'd You
Handle Specs?

I wonder about this, as the conventional "specification" is for
third-party bid, not second-party self-performance. If you're the
engineer who ostensibly works for the constructor, how do you approach
specifications?

The "mandatory wording" is typical for a contractual relationship, but
there is no "contract" between the engineer and the builder who work for

the same boss.