Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: (no subject)

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
You should use wind tunnel testing.

(Just kidding.)

I presume you're concerned with C&C, since there are MWFRS Cp numbers for slopes greater than 45 deg in method 2. I'm not sure, but the last time I ran into a simple case of <45 on a residence, I think just took the flat wall value. In that case it wasn't going to make a large difference in the answer so the extra effort was not justified.

Jnapd(--nospam--at) wrote:
Hello All
A wind question.....if my Gable roof slope exceeds 45 degrees or my Hip roof slope exceeds 27 degrees do I have to use the Method 2 ?   Why...since none of the variables used in method 2 ask or care about roof slope.
Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* *** * Read list FAQ at: * * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to: * * * * Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********