From: Matthew
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 2:08 AM
Subject: Gross overturning

I have a plan check comment stating that a 1.5 F.O.S. is required for gross overturning on any building shear wall from seismic loads at ASD level.  The project is under the 97 UBC; I have been unable to find any code section that requires a 1.5 F.O.S, the only requirement is for earth retaining walls.  Could anyone please comment on where I can find the section?  Or how they have resolved a similar situation?

Thank you