RE: seaint Digest for 2 Feb 2008

Charlie is correct. See 2001/2005 NDS Appendix I.2 if you are concerned
about load duration being applied to steel properties. We divide it out
beforehand.

Buddy

John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media
AF&PA/American Wood Council
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
P: 202-463-2769
F: 202-463-2791
http://www.awc.org

The American Wood Council (AWC) is the wood products division of the
American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA). AWC develops
internationally recognized standards for wood design and construction.
Its efforts with building codes and standards, engineering and research,
and technology transfer ensure proper application for engineered and
traditional wood products.

The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA
standard.  Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through
a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.