From: ASLCSE(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:ASLCSE(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 11:10 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: ASCE 7-05 Wind Loads (10psf min.)

I raised the 10 psf min wind load before. I believe it applies as a separate load case (applied full height to determine the base shear), otherwise Figuer 6-2 (page 38 & 39) would (should?) not list tabled values of less than 10 psf.

Who could I contact at ASCE (CBC or IBC) for the correct interpretation and/or an "errata"?

Thank you.

Antonio S. Luisoni

Consulting SE

Granada Hills, AA