RE: DBAs and codes...

The reason I stated that DBA's were not covered by the code.are:

1--I was not aware, and maybe I still am not, that ACI 318 intended A496 for use in situations other than as welded wire fabric where the load transfer mechanism is some what different due to the crossing bars.

2--I understood that D1.1 specified specific materials to be used for stud welding and it was my understanding that these did not correspond to the reinforcing steel  products listed in ACI 318

3--I did not understand how the deformation patern of the DBA was blessed by ACI 318.

I will look into this since I would like to specify this product genericaly.

Mark Gilligan