Soils Reports (continued)

Title: Message
One other thing I noticed and am wondering if PERHAPS there is a misprint in the IBC.

ASCE 7-05 allows the building official to WAIVE the requirement for a site-specific soils report for ALL seismic design categories C - F (Section 11.8.2) ... unless I'm missing something, which is entirely possible.  IBC Section 1802.2 does NOT allow the building official to waive the soils report requirement for SDC D - F.  Is the "exception" listed at the beginning of 1802.2 POSSIBLY in error, as it restricts the user to 1802.2.6 (SDC C)?