Re: Fire wall/shear wall on property line

Jordan,

Essentially are you saying to design the wall as a tall fence to resist the wind load or a wall with a drag load from the burning roof collapsing?  The drag force from the collapsing roof will govern my design as this building is completely shielded from the wind on this particular side of the building.  How do I go about calculating the force on the wall for the collapsing roof?  Which direction is this force acting on the wall?

Jeff

Checked by AVG Free Edition.