Yet another Wind question

Here is yet another wind analysis question.
This is about MWFRS using the simplified method (Method 1) of ASCE7.
Footnote 7 of figure 6-2 (pg 37) says "The total horizontal load shall not be
less than that determined by assuming ps = 0 in zones B & D."
I see that ps30 on areas B and D are horizontal pressures.  (vertical forces
on these surfaces are calculated as areas E, F, G, & H)
I can't think of a time when you would use a pressure (ps30) on areas
B & D that was less than zero and none of my new books deal with this.
What am I not thinking of?

TIA
Mark Johnson