Is it factual that continuous (2) #4 rebar has been eliminated in the code for the foundations and slab turn-down edges?

A friend who is associated with one of the local building departments informed me that the (2) #4 continuous rebar in foundations and turn-down edges of slab on grade has been removed as a minimum requirement from the building code (CBC 2007 or IBC 2006). Can anyone confirm if this is factual and if not tell me what section of the code references this.

Thank you,

Dennis S. Wish, PE