Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Is it factual that continuous (2) #4 rebar has been eliminated in the code for the foundations and slab turn-down edges?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Is it factual that continuous (2) #4 rebar has been eliminated in the code for the foundations and slab turn-down edges?
- From: "Dennis Wish" <dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net>
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 18:56:44 -0800
A friend who is associated with one of the local building departments informed me that the (2) #4 continuous rebar in foundations and turn-down edges of slab on grade has been removed as a minimum requirement from the building code (CBC 2007 or IBC 2006). Can anyone confirm if this is factual and if not tell me what section of the code references this.
Dennis S. Wish, PE
- Prev by Subject: RE: Is a garage partially open, open or closed?
- Next by Subject: J-bolts or headed studs
- Previous by thread: Re: CBC 2304.11.2.2 - 8-inch Clearance from exposed earth to wood framing members including wood sheathing.
- Next by thread: Test #2