Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Shop Drawings[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Shop Drawings
- From: domdean(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:16:11 -0500
I was wondering how people are handling the latest "innovation" where shop drawings are now e-mailed out instead of the normal process where an office may get 3 or 4 (or more) hard copies. Some of the projects can be fairly extensive with shop drawings. My general notes include one indicating that I am to receive a minimum of 3 sets of shop drawings for whatever is applicable (reinforcing steel, structural steel, etc.). There can be a substantial cost (both in time required and paper involved). It seems as though it is one more item that's being forced on the engineer of record.
Domenic DeAngelo P.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Shamefully Off-Topic: Carbon Christmas
- Next by Subject: RE: Shop Drawings
- Previous by thread: RE: CBC 2007 Summary for Wood
- Next by thread: RE: Shop Drawings