From: domdean(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:domdean(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 1:16 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Shop Drawings

I was wondering how people are handling the latest "innovation" where shop drawings are now e-mailed out instead of the normal process where an office may get 3 or 4 (or more) hard copies. Some of the projects can be fairly extensive with shop drawings. My general notes include one indicating that I am to receive a minimum of 3 sets of shop drawings for whatever is applicable (reinforcing steel, structural steel, etc.). There can be a substantial cost (both in time required and paper involved). It seems as though it is one more item that's being forced on the engineer of record.

Domenic DeAngelo P.E.