RE: Shop Drawings

We’ve been experimenting on a couple projects with the following scenario:

  • GC posts the drawings on the project website in pdf format
  • Each entity (arch/SE/GC) makes its corrections on the same file in a different color
  • Once corrections are complete, “marked up” pdf files released to the sub-contractor

This saves time, money and trees.

Funny thing is, some subs actually refuse this option, instead, sending six sets of bluelines; of which

Only one or two are used. The “original” is marked up and the rest are along for the ride.

David L. Fisher SE PE

Senior Director

The Fisher Companies Ltd. - Cayman

372 West Ontario Chicago 60610