From: Gerard Madden, SE [mailto:gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 8:29 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Minimum edge distance OR back to the treated lumber question.....

Use PT Sheathing and go down to 6" (DSA used to allow this when they had a 12" clearance requirement (Using PT Sheathing, you could go to 6") or use a small strip of sidewalk against it and use Sheet metal flashing instead of soil. DSA now has the same 8" clearance as the normal building code.

Edge distances for nailing is not something that is quantified that I know, but I like to have 3/8" min from edge of stud to C.L. of nail for 8d's

-gm