RE: STAAD.pro 2007and AISC Seismic Table I-8-1

The Inactive command will help. See Example #4.

Poldy Simovitz, P.E., S.E.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tiffany Lorenzzi [mailto:civil.structural(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 3:50 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: STAAD.pro 2007and AISC Seismic Table I-8-1

Dear Engineers,

I am designing my first pipe rack using STAAD.pro 2007and IBC

2006/AISC Seismic Provisions. I'm using the load combinations

stipulated in section 1605.2 and 1605.4 which leads to section 12.4.3

of ASCE 7-05.

How do you address the limitations stipulated in Table I-8-1 of the

provisions in Staad editor? Same question for chevron braces, how do

you instruct STAAD editor to apply seismic forces only (and not dead

load)?

Thank you.

Regards,

Tiffany Lorenzzi