From: mail [mailto:mail(--nospam--at)strand-engineering.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 4:59 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Good Reference for Light Gage Metal Framing?

What is the best resource for learning more about light gage metal framing? The AISI standards look good, but I wonder if they have any practical examples. Are the AISI standards enough or would I need a textbook to understand how to use the standards? If so, what is a good reference to have?

Taylor W. Motley, PE

Strand Engineering, LLC