Re: Shop Drawings

I prefer PDF submissions - it's $1.25 a sheet I don't have to pay for scanning, and an hour or two of copying I don't have to pay my drafter for jr engineer.  I mark text notes on the plans, stamp them digitally, and certify the set before emailing them back. Somebody else can kill trees (or, more importantly, pay some one to kill and process them).

For sketches, we hand sketch, scan, note the sheet, and bind the scanned sketches into the shop drawing set. Takes about 30 extra seconds if you include the walk to the scanner, and I get to use graph paper and a pencil instead of trying to draft in red pen on blueline paper.
Jordan

Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:
David

How easy is it to draw on the pdf's and how accurate can you draw or correct a detail ?

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA