Re: Shop Drawings

In Adobe Acrobat 7 (Pro): Document | Digital Signatures | Sign this Document, then choose the Certify option in the popup. I enter my password, why I'm signing, and indicate where in the document I'd like to visually apply the certification mark.

I self certify, and will email my public key (again, generated within Acrobat) to anyone who needs to verify the digital signature. I'm halfway to getting the public key available on my website so that I'm not involved in the verification process (nobody has ever asked, to be honest), but have been too busy to update my home page to link to the key.

If I were not so cheap, I'd pay Verisign $595 a year and they would provide me a private key, and make my public key available to whomever asked. As a bonus, the timestamp would be tied to their timeserver.  Since nobody in the AEC industry really cares when a stamp is signed, I'm not too worried about my certification being based on the time of my local machine.
Jordan

Jerry Coombs wrote:
Certify the set?  How are you doing that (I digress)