SEAW Wind Procedure

As a lot of you are doing, I am trying to study the new wind provisions.  I have a copy of the "SEAW's  handbook of a Rapid-Solutions Methodology for Wind Design" and I am trying to see if it will be beneficial to me.

Most of the work I do is for small fairly simple structures.  I am hoping there is someone out there (in the Washington area) that can explain something to me.

I am looking at the Application Problem 2 in Appendix B1.  I am looking at the uplift loading at the roof, which is a low slope roof.  When they are finding the uplift coefficient from Figures 3-4EB and 3-4ED they are taking into account a tributary area, "TA".  In the example that I am looking at they have determined that TA = (9/2)(50)=225 square feet.  I can't find (in any of the three books in the set) a definition of "TA".  I don't see where this particular "TA" comes from.  This tributary area doesn't seem to correlate to that which is calculated at the roof in example 4.

Is there anyone out there that is familiar with the SEAW methodology that can explain?

Thanks,
Joe Grill