Bending Stress for Southern Pine #2, NDS Example 5

Hi Lists,

At Northern California, I don't use Southern Pine too often.

In the "NDS Examples" Example #5 on page 33, the Fb:=1050 psi was used.

However, when I check the NDS Supplement page 38, the Fb is listed for
No. 2 is 1500 psi.

Did he misplace the Ft for Fb?

Southern Pine should have better strength than Douglas Fir.  Isn't it?

Please help.

Thanks

Sam Chang,
Cupertino CA