Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]


[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

In SC, they are registered just like Engineers and Architects through the SC Department of Labor, Licensing, and Registration.  They are registered by the Building Codes Council within that department. To become registered they have to pass “nationally recognized” exams (presumably the ICC tests) depending on the level/type of registration they are trying to obtain.


Michelle Motchos, PE
Stevens & Wilkinson of South Carolina, Inc.

Columbia, SC

From: Jerry Coombs [mailto:JCoombs(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 8:24 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Re: CBO



Remember that these organizations, ICBO, BOCA, CABO, and hence the ICC,  were and are pretty much for, and run by, Building Officials.  You can go there and see what it takes to become a CBO, but it'll take more research to get an example of the test.

>>> On 2/9/2008 at 10:55 AM, <ASLCSE(--nospam--at)> wrote:

I know, CBO stands for Certified Building Official. What kind of exam do they have to take and pass? What is the organization that keeps record of these people? (Just like the State Board does engineering licenses).




Antonio S. Luisoni