AISC 341 - NonBuilding

Title: Message
Happy Monday,

Are there any exceptions in the seismic design code for higher SDC's (D - F) for nonbuilding structures, specifically related to geometrical restrictions for link beams, brace slenderness, etc.?  The 1997 UBC had simplified checks in Chapter 22 based on the level of force resisted as opposed to stringent geometrical restrictions that were pretty nice to use.  We design equipment support structures, inspection platforms, and other elements for a large number of industrial facilities -- typically with a low level of force to resist -- and I'm not sure if there are any special allowances.  Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm still used to the UBC for many of the "simpler" things.

TIA,

Dave K. Adams, P.E., S.E.
LANE ENGINEERS, INC.
Tulare, CA  93274