From: Paul Blomberg [mailto:paul.blomberg(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 2:34 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: CMU Bond Beam at Control Joint

We have another office debate going on and I would like to hear opinions of
others.  For a fully grouted wall, what do you do at the horizontal
reinforcing (bond beam) at the vertical control joint.
? Do you keep the horizontal reinforcing continuous and grout solid (makes
for good chord steel)?
? Do you break the horizontal reinforcing on each side of the joint (provide
chord steel via deck ledger angle)?
? Do you replace the deformed bar with a smooth dowel and break the bond on
one side of the sleeve?
? Do you break the horizontal reinforcing except keep it continuous at
floors and roof bond beam?
It seems there are as many approaches as there are opinions!

Paul.