RE: PEMB engineers

Florida Engineering Law requires that the delegated engineer design the PEMB to match the written directives received from the EOR. You may be wasting your time trying to sort out the problem with the Contractor or the Architect. You need to talk to the engineer whose name is printed on the PEMB drawings. Once the delegated engineer realizes that their license is in jeopardy and decides to follow the rules you will have an ally at both ends of the problem.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Inc.

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

Phone: (352) 754-2424

Fax: (352) 754-2412

www.arkengineering.net

I guess make mandatory requirements like the GC shall supply a full set of our drawings to the PEMB mfr for review and coordination, and put a minimum spacing that WE REQUIRE. But what else can we do? I read some articles in Structure and MSC on this very issue, and half of them I laugh, the other half I cry.....

Am I ignorant to assume someone is reading our drawings besides me, until it is way too late??....  :-----(

Andrew Kester, P.E.
Principal/Project Manager
ADK Structural Engineering, PLLC