RE: Is a garage partially open, open or closed?

If the doors and windows are not rated for the design wind pressure then the building is probably partially enclosed regardless. If the doors are properly rated then I think the code would allow the designer to presume that the doors will be closed during the design event. I don’t have a book, chapter and verse for that though.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Inc.

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

Phone: (352) 754-2424

Fax: (352) 754-2412

www.arkengineering.net