From: sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com [mailto:sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 12:09 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: IBC 2007 Wind calcs.

After 40 yrs. of doing UBC calcs. I am attempting to do my first IBC calcs.
and need help, even after attending a seminar, which seemed to cover lots of
things but not this.

For a simple house, using 6.4 Method 1 Simplified Procedure, I cannot get a
reasonable wind pressure of something between 15 psf and 25 psf.

>From 6.4.2.1, I get p s= 1.0 (1.0) 1.0 (2.3) = 2.3 psf which is
>unrealistic. This is using Fig. 6-2, exposure B, h=30 ft., Kzt =1
and I=1

Can someone point out my omissions/errors?

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA
Click for a credit repair consultation, raise your FICO score.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iifRtUze4Z9jymsCe1UDroImKif
m7vcAZ7s56ZSkSvbiqVDov/