Re: IBC 2007 Wind calcs.

All of this talk is making me worry that we're doing something horribly wrong...

I put up a sample of the way we're doing our wind calcs here:
http://www.examplecalcs.com/hosted/18329.pdf

I use a program to generate the A, B, C and D loads.   If the B and D
loads are negative, I just use 0.  Then I generate my wind loads by
taking the B pressure from the ridge down to the plate, and the A
pressure from the plate to the middle of the wall height.   In the
example I posted, W1 and W2 are calculated that way.

For gable ends, or lower levels, I just use the A load from the top of
the projected area to the middle of the lower wall, which is how I got
W3 and W4 in the example.

For long buildings, I will sometimes use the C and D loads for the
section of the building that is more than 2a from the corners, but in
general, I just use the A and B loads since these tend to be lower
than the projected area winds we used in the old UBC code.

It's not simple, but it's not incredibly complicated either.  Which
makes me worried.  Am I missing something, or does this seem like a
reasonable approach.

Chris