From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 12:30 PM
To: chuckuc(--nospam--at)pacbell.net; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Soils Reports under CBC 1802.2

In a message dated 2/15/08 12:23:24 PM, chuckuc(--nospam--at)pacbell.net writes:

Brian
I have one local CBO who doing the same (& another who is can't make up
his mind).
Chuck Utzman

Why the indecision?  From this side of the fence -- the practicing engineer side -- the BO's are in the enviable position of having *all* the power and of being able to make decisions for the good of society as they see it, WITHOUT having to worry about being sued.  Not a bad position to be in; I wish I were in the same position and could actually design what I felt was the best structure for the situation without worrying about having *everyone* second-guessing me because I dropped a 4th decimal place in some arcane wind calculation or missed some obscure code requirement that's hanging on from many decades ago but just never got rooted out.

I'm dead serious.

End of vent.

Ralph

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. Go to AOL Music.