Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Seismic Design Example[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Seismic Design Example
- From: ECVAl3(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:23:58 EST
For those of you that have and understand the "2006 IBC Structural/Seismic Design Manual Vol.2" I have a question.
On page 32 to determine the Anchorage at A on a perforated shear wall:
Going from the formula (0.9-0.2*SDS)*D + Wo*QE
Wo = 3.0, SDS = 1.19
they suddenly go to the formula (0.9-0.2*SDS)*D + Wo*E
Putting the numerical values in they get (0.9-0.2*1.19)*D + 0.66*D
My question is, how did they get 0.66*D from Wo*QE or Wo*E ?
Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Seismic and Wind Design Software
- Next by Subject: Re: Seismic Design Example
- Previous by thread: Re: wind codes...
- Next by thread: Another Seismic Design Example