From: Terry Weatherby [mailto:terry(--nospam--at)wrfed.com]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 5:21 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: CMU Bond Beam at Control Joint

Hi Paul;
	We always break the horizontal reinforcing at a defined masonry control joint and keep continuous reinforcing bars at floors and roof bond beam for chords and collectors.  I have seen long expanses (more that twenty
feet) of masonry walls experience cracking just like reinforced concrete walls.  We typically try to space masonry control joints at 20' on center or so.
	We don't typically do buildings higher than three stories, though.
	Take care,

Terry Weatherby
Weatherby-Reynolds-Fritson
Engineering and Design