Re: Chain Link Fence Backstop

The same amount used for lattice work and signs (i.e.: none). The analysis is done for a specific environmental load, and the presence of combined, aggravating factors taken simultaneously with the maximum load is beyond the scope of the analysis, just as doors accidentally left open, or blown open due to poor latching mechanisms do not make a building a partially open structure, even if the condition is theoretically foreseeable. (Just my $0.02, of course)

Jordan

William.Sherman(--nospam--at)CH2M.com wrote:
I haven't designed backstops but agree with Gary that for open type
fence structures, clogging of openings due to debris needs to be
considered.  But the big question is "How much clogging?"  What net
surface area should be considered?
Bill Sherman
CH2M HILL / DEN 720-286-2792