ASCE 7-05 Errata - Caution: content contains whining

I just finished going through the errata (http://www.seinstitute.org/pdf/erratasheet7-05.pdf) for ASCE 7. No, I’m not whining that there are errata. I’m whining because:

  1. Based on when I bought the document, I shouldn’t have had so much errata. I bought it late last year. I’ve entered errata from January, 2006. I think it’s irresponsible for ASCE to sell a printed document with known errors.

  1. It would be nice if the document were in a ringed binder and the errata published in a way that one could merely swap pages. Is that too much to ask? Note that I didn’t say “Is that too much to ask considering the retail price of the document?”

Now for the question I should have asked before I went through this mess. How do I know that the errata I’ve just incorporated has been accepted into the CBC2007?

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS

Consulting Structural Engineers

V (949) 248-8588 F(949) 209-2509