Re: Another ASCE 7-05 Wind Load Question

My understanding is that they're pretty much the same thing, and that
there's a correlation between wind speeds as well (old 70 MPH = new 85
MPH, etc).

We rarely used Exposure B in the old code for the reasons you
mentioned.  I'll probably not use it at all in the new code because
the new loads seem to be a fair bit lower already.  If I need to try
to design less conservatively, the first thing I'm looking at is using
the "C" and "D" regions of wind on the inner portion of the building.

Most of the time I'm just conservative and only use the "A" and "B"
loads across the whole house.

Hope that helps,

Chris