From: Bill Allen [mailto:T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 11:52 AM
To: Seaint
Subject: Another ASCE 7-05 Wind Load Question

Is Exposure B the same as Exposure B in the 1997 UBC? It sounds like Exposure B in ASCE 7 is applicable in typical suburban/urban areas. OTOH, I’ve never been able to get UBC Exposure B to fly here without rigorous hoop jumping.

Thanks,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS

Consulting Structural Engineers